Q: What are your rates and fees?
- ISO rates and fees vary based on a variety of factors. Please fill out this form and our Merchant Support Team will contact you within 24 hours. firstname.lastname@example.org
Q: Does CardWorks offer free equipment?
We can sometimes offer merchants payment processing equipment at no cost. Please fill out this form and our Merchant Support Team will contact you within 24 hours. email@example.com
Q: Are you compatible with my current POS system?
- We are presently compatible with 97% of the industry’s POS providers. Please call or email our Merchant Support Team for further assistance.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or Call 866-210-4625 x1
Q: I don’t currently accept credit cards. Can I still receive a quote?
- Yes, we can provide you with a quote. Please fill out this form and our Merchant Support Team will contact you within 24 hours. email@example.com
Q: How can I view my batches or statements online?
- To view your batches and statements online, your account must have our Web Reporting feature enabled. Please call or email our Merchant Support Team and we will get you set up.
Q: Can I view my monthly statement online?
- Yes. You can view your monthly statement through our Web Reporting feature. Please call or email our Merchant Support Team and we will enable this feature on your account.
Q: How do I change the business address associated with my account?
- In order for us to update your account with your new business address, you must first submit a signed request, along with an official document that confirms the new address. Acceptable proof of your new address include documents such as a copy of a fully executed lease or utility bill.
Q: Can you email me a copy of my monthly statement?
- Yes. Please call or email our Merchant Support Team or call and we will send you a copy of the statement(s) in question.
Q: How can I get more information about signing CardWorks Acquiring?
- For more information about doing business with CardWorks Acquiring, just call our Merchant Support Team (866) 210-4625 X1 — they’ll be happy to provide you with a more in-depth look at our offerings.
Q: What POS equipment is best for my business?
- Point of Sale (POS) technology is constantly improving. As such, we always offer the most up-to-date POS equipment to guarantee we meet the specific needs of your business.
Q: What is PCI Compliance?
- The Payment Cardholder Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) was created by Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express® and the Discover® Network to protect cardholder information and reduce data theft. PCI DSS establishes and enforces security requirements for members, businesses and service providers. One of the most significant PCI DSS requirements is that merchants may not store magnetic-stripe data after an authorization is obtained on a credit card. Therefore, magnetic stripe data must be purged from a merchant’s records and payment processing systems after authorization. Becoming PCI compliant ensures that transactions are being handled safely — protecting customers from exposure of sensitive card data, and safeguarding merchants against possible legal issues and fines.
Q: How do I apply for a Merchant Account?
- It’s easy! Just call or email our Merchant Support Team and we’ll get the process started.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or Call 866-210-4625 x1
Q: What Credit Cards will I be able to accept with CWA?
- CardWorks Acquiring can allow your business to accept EMV, MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover and debit cards.
Q: Do I need to have American Express or Discover accounts before I apply?
- No. We can make all of the necessary arrangements for you after you’ve signed up.
Q: Can I use my smart devices to process Credit Cards?
- Yes! Our mobile processing Gateway turns your smartphone or mobile device into a portable credit card terminal. With our CWA Card Swiper and app, you will be able to collect payment, email receipts, manage voids and issue refunds all on your mobile phone.
Q: Do you provide next day funding?
- Yes. We take great pride in providing merchants with next day funding — a turnaround time you won’t find at most other ISO’s.
Q: How long does it take to set up a merchant account?
- We can have you up and running within 4 days of your paperwork being processed.
Q: Are all transactions and funds secure?
- Yes, we go to great lengths to guarantee that all transactions and funds are secure.
Q: What are the requirements to open a merchant account?
- In order to open a merchant account with CardWorks, you must be a resident of the United States with a verifiable U.S. business checking account, Social Security Number or Federal Tax ID, and business license.
Q: Do I need a business checking account to accept credit cards? Do I need to change my account or use your bank?
- Yes, you need a business checking account in order to accept credit card payments.
Q: Can my credit status prevent me from establishing a merchant account?
- The only time your credit can become an issue is if you are currently going through a bankruptcy, or if you have numerous tax liens. These things will not necessarily prevent you from establishing an account, however. Our Merchant Support Team will still work with you to find a solution.
Q: My business currently accepts payments using a terminal, can I use he same checking account to also do business online?
- Yes, but you will first need a new merchant account that complies with e-commerce discounts and rates. Your CardWorksAcquiring Sales Agent can assist you in making the switch.
Q: What is a chargeback?
- A chargeback occurs when a customer reviews their credit card statement and wishes to dispute one of the charges. That customer can then contact the merchant directly for a return on their purchase, or they can call their bank and request a charge back against the charge. It’s generally in a merchant’s best interest to to do as much as possible to resolve any customer issues before the customer initiates a chargeback. Excessive chargebacks can cause termination of a merchant account by either the acquiring bank or credit card companies. Your CardWorks Acquiring Sales Agent can help you further understand and manage chargeback situations.
Q: How do I avoid chargebacks?
- If your business lives online, be sure your “doing business as” name matches the name on your website. This will help your customers avoid any confusion while reviewing their statement. You can also arrange to have your business’s telephone number listed on the statement next to the corresponding charge, this will greatly increase the chances of the customer calling you instead of their bank. Your CardWorks Sales Agent can assist you in managing these settings.
Q: What is a Monthly Minimum?
- A Monthly Minimum is a base processing fee that gets applied to your account should your monthly activity fees fail to meet the minimum. For instance, if you only processed a few credit cards in the month of July, and the combination of the rate and transaction fee was less than your monthly minimum, the difference would be applied to your account in order to meet that monthly minimum. This fee is used to pay for the maintenance required by the processor for your account.